Knowledge of any programming language such as C, C++ or JAVA is preferred.
DBMS Bootcamp We all know that lot of data is getting generated in day to day life. Most of this data is in a structured format and requires applications to handle it effectively. The purpose of database management system is to handle this data in an effective way. The objective of a database management system is to facilitate the creation of data structures and relieve the programmer of the problems of setting up complicated files. Data base management systems have developed from a concept of the data base as something distinct from the programs accessing it. The courses intents to start with the basic level data understanding and ends with a complete application to handle the data in a structured format covering the niche details of Database Managements Systems.
1.Fundamentals of Database Management and System, its architecture and applications
2.Database Design Process and Fundamentals
3.Basics of E R diagram with Case studies and modelling to Relational Schema.
4.Introduction to Query language and basics of SQL
5.Database and Schema creation, data insertion, data deletion.
6.Effective data retrieval using various SQL constructs
7.Data Update and Schema modification
8.A complete Java Application with connectivity to database
- Characteristics of Databases
- File System Vs. Database System
- Users of Database systems, Data Models, Schemas and Instances, Three Schema Architecture and Data Independence.
- Database Administrator (DBA) & Role of DBA
- Database design process and fundamentals of data modelling
- Conceptual Modeling of Database.
- The Entity- Relationship Model (ER Model)
- Entity- Types, Sets, Attributes & Keys
- Relationship- Types, Sets and Weak Entity Types.
- Concept of Keys, Cardinality, Modality and advanced concepts of Extended ER diagram
- Real Time Case studies and guidelines of modelling ER
- Concept of foreign key
- Modelling of strong and weak entities with different types of attributes
- Modelling of relationship with different mapping cardinalities
- Modelling of extended ER features
- Case Studies
- Introduction to SQL Server/Oracle/ MySQL/Postgre interface with introduction to query language and basics of SQL.
- Database and Schema creation, data insertion, data deletion using command line SQL as well as using interface
- Data retrieval using SQL and implementation using any one of the above interface
- Aggregate Queries using SQL
- Complex and Subqueries using SQL
- Data Update and Schema modification
- Overview of PL/SQL, Procedures and functions
- Implementation and use of procedure, functions and cursors for the advanced queries using SQL
- Overview of JDBC package and classes
- Overview of Using JDBC in Java Extracting data from database and displaying it using Java
- Developing Database for case study
- Designing the frontend using Java
- Querying database using SQL through Java